We’ve recently lauched a new community website for this member organisation of legal and development professionals.
Before we started any development we spent some time interviewing a selection of members and training providers to better understand their world and how a new online solution could help improve this.
We learned of a number of issues with the existing website as well as discovering that people were using the LETG LinkedIn group rather than their own website.
We took the lead from existing networks such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Quora, and looked to implement familiar patterns that harnessed similar functionality but in a more refined and simple way for their particular audience.
We had 2 months of closed beta before we launched the new site at the LETG awards night in London at the end of May.
Key features include:
- A news feed of recently posted content from your network
- Notifications alerts of new content posted relevant to you
- An events section of upcoming and past events
- Question and answer section
- A directory of members and training providers with a comprehensive search
- Individual profile pages to help increase networking and transparency amongst members
- A curated Knowledge Area of useful articles, slides and resources
- User experience design
- Visual design
- Content management system